A former federal prosecutor, I have decades of grand jury and federal trial experience. I have tried federal criminal cases in all three sites of court in the Southern District of Ohio, and have appeared in the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals on numerous occasions. As the criminal chief of the U.S. Attorney’s office I was responsible for all criminal litigation in the Southern District of Ohio. In addition, I served as the First Assistant U.S. Attorney and Acting U.S. Attorney.
Prior to starting my own practice, I spent seven years as a partner of counsel at a large Cincinnati based law firm focusing on white collar defense, and government investigations. I represented businesses and individuals in disputes and investigations with federal and state investigative agencies. These matters included false claims act violations, potential tax fraud, wire fraud, securities violations, anti-trust investigations, pension fraud, internet intrusions, and industrial espionage allegations. I have represented corporations, universities, public officials, licensed professionals, business owners, and corporate officers. In addition I have helped corporations investigate employee malfeasance and embezzlement.
EDUCATION & BACKGROUND
- Walnut Hills H.S., Cincinnati, Ohio
- Indiana University, Bloomington (B.A. English Literature)
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D.)
- All Ohio Courts
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Captain U.S. Marine Corps; Judge Advocate and Military Judge
- Assistant U.S. Attorney Southern District of Ohio; Criminal Chief, First Assistant, Acting U.S. Attorney
- Partner Of Counsel; Dinsmore & Shohl, LLP
GET LEGAL HELP TODAY!
If you need experienced representation, contact my office today at 513-623-5523.